From teaming your shorts with sandals to opting to go topless in the middle of town, here are all the men’s summer style mistakes you need to avoid now that the weather is finally getting warmer
Here at SG, we know that finding the perfect summer style can often be a challenge, but we’re on hand to ensure you look stylish all season long! So, to help you avoid any summer style disasters, we’ve highlighted the top 5 men’s summer style mistakes to watch out for, so you can enjoy the sun without worrying about committing a fashion crime!
1. Too tight shorts Men, tight shorts, aka budgie smugglers, have never, and will never, be fashionable, so this summer it’s time to ditch your teeny tiny shorts and opt for something a little more sophisticated. Team your not-so-short shorts with a T-shirt and pair of comfy espadrilles for a casual daytime outfit, or opt for a cotton shirt and boat shoes combo for a more stylish summer evening look.
2. Sandals and socks We all know the one major summer fashion faux pas to avoid is wearing your flip flops with socks. The questionable sandal and sock combo doesn’t look good on anyone, so instead we suggest investing in a pair of stylish espadrilles or Birkenstocks – these comfy sandal alternatives are perfect for the beach, and do you know what’s even better? No socks are required!
3. Wearing sports sunglasses for non-sporting activities As crucial as your summer clothing choices are, your accessories are just as important, which is why we’re here to advise you to stop wearing sports sunglasses! Whether you’re drawn to fish-eyed frames or gold mirror lenses, unless you’re heading to the ski slopes, it’s time to ditch the retro eye gear for good! A pair of high street frames will look just as good while still shading your eyes – a win-win if you ask us!
4. Going topless The key to nailing your summer style is to remember that no matter how hot it may seem, unless you’re sunbathing on the beach or chilling by the pool, there’s never a reason to be walking around without a top on – because let’s face it, the British summer weather doesn’t exactly reach scorching temperatures. Instead, invest in a few lightweight vests and T-shirts to keep you cool, even while you’re fully dressed.
5. Teaming high socks with low shorts During the summer, long-length socks should always be avoided at all costs, especially if you’re planning on wearing them with shorts! But don’t panic, if you need to wear socks, short style trainer socks are a great thick sock alternative that will keep your feet feeling comfy and cool while ensuring you stay looking stylish all summer long!
Add Shopological to your bookmark...
Add Shopological to your Home Screen...
Update the brands you love and help personalise the service just for you